Monday, November 21, 2011

Book of Lists

I had a friend back in high school who kept (and probably still does) a book of lists. Lists of her favorite movies, lists of her favorite desserts, lists of her least favorite places, lists of what annoys her, and so on. She shared it with our literature class one day and it was hilarious! The girl was funny to start with, but hearing her read off lists like "10 worst scenarios to be in" and including the literature class itself was downright entertaining. I thought it was kind of dumb at first, to keep lists of stuff and all, but the more I though about it, the more intriguing the idea became. So, now a couple years later, I will make some lists myself.

Let's start with something ordinary, yet necessary.
10 things that make me happy:
1. puppies, especially mine.
2. thunderstorms
3. walks in the woods
4. spending time with friends
5. chocolate, the darker the better
6. making new friends
7. the beach
8. the clean feeling after getting out of the shower
9. riding my bike
10. working with children
and number 11, RUNNING.

5 things that bring me joy:
1. God (learning, serving, worshipping)
2. working with children and watching them grow
3. nature. being outside.
4. speaking with a friend about issues we both struggle with
5. reading scripture

Situations I'd never want to be in:
1. Falling off the back of a treadmill
2. falling off my bike going down a hill at 30mph
3. getting stuck in an elevator
4. having to actually do CPR on someone
5. getting stranded in the middle of bfe w/o gas in my car
6. singing solo in front of an audience
7. pulling an all-nighter to finish a paper
8. running out of air while scuba diving.

ehh, I could go on and on with lists. I may intersperse some lists in between posts.
for now, though, I think I will study for my lab final next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment